Thursday, March 21, 2013

This Week

I have been amazed watching Elena's drawings and writing lately. She loves to paint, and this is what she came up with late last week.
 
Beautiful!
 
 
 
 
Last Saturday we headed into the City to the Chicago Food Festival. Not sure what we would expect, but we ended up really enjoying ourselves. Why not, with samples everywhere and great food. Kirk said it was all my kind of people - the crunchy kind! I have to admit, I was in my favorite sort of environment and even came home with a button that said: "Just say NO to GMO!"
 

There were not a lot of kid-centered events, but it was very family-friendly. They had fun just walking around and trying all the samples! They had popcorn and a gingerbread cookie made by some French nuns, plus lunch, so they were quite happy. And tired! They actually both fell asleep on the way home, which gave Kirk and I chance to drive around a bit and explore a new village not too far from where we live now.




Preschool is no big deal anymore. She runs right in and finds something to do. "Bye, Mom!"
is my cue and I know she is ready for me to go. She used to cling to me. Now it only takes a minute after she washes her hands to let me know she is fine.





March 20th
We are ready for spring! Where is it???


Still waiting for spring!
They know it is time... Lanie even ate her lunch outside.
 
 
But here are the first signs, so it cannot be too far away.
 

 The tree in the front yard is even budding. This is so neat to me. I feel like a kid again as I have not
experienced a real spring in 12 years. Arizona spring is about 2 weeks, it seems. I am looking forward to watching everything come out of hibernation.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Today went to the Children's Museum. The longest we have ever spent at anything, like this, I believe. I just did not feel like staying home today so we went and stayed. I think we went to the face painting table three times. We saw a baby chick hatch and played in the library, the nursery, the sandwich shop, and many things more than once. They never even asked to leave until I suggested it. It wore them out. But they did great. We even did a square dance lesson.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are keeping busy. We had a nice spring experience here because Dana cut all of our plants back to nothing since the winter frost this year damaged so much. It was neat seeing the plants come back from nothing. All of our bushes out front are very small now, which I am happy about. It's too much maintenance when they get so big. I'll be jealous when you post fall pics ;o).

    ReplyDelete