Saturday, March 9, 2013

Elena's Fourth Birthday Party

Elena's Fourth birthday party was on Saturday, Feb. 16th. We made the cupcakes for her party the morning of her party. Elena often does not like her picture taken so here she is being silly and covering her face as we were making cupcakes in jammies. Kirk is in the background.


And here is Maren enjoying the cupcake batter, lemon and vanilla.
 

Maren on the carousel at Chuckie Cheese with her empty cup. More tokens, please!
 

 
On the left is Kyla, with Maren behind her. My friend, Colleen, is standing in the middle of the picture holding her little boy Gunner. Her daughter, Delilah, is on Elena's right side. 


 
That is Christy, Kyla's mom, on the left with me behind her. You can see Elena and Michael,
a boy in her preschool class.
 
 
Here are Cousin Jennifer, Bob, and Grandma.
 
 
I hardly saw Elena the whole party, which really made me sad. It was hard to talk to everyone, and I was with Maren most of the time. I had to include this picture of Michael, because Elena LOVES Michael! Now, I am not sure if this is a crush or she just thinks he is pretty great, but she played with Michael almost the entire time. She told Papa to go away, and she went around playing games with Michael and his mom. He felt like she was on a date! She once told me she likes him because they are about the same size. Her preschool teacher says they play very well together. I think it is sweet and fun that she thinks so much of this little boy. He was the only child from her preschool class that she wanted to invite.
 
 
These pictures are after the party, back at home. A rare moment of Elena and Maren giggling and laughing together without anyone crying! I had to get a picture of this. 10 minutes later, they were fighting over Elena's birthday gifts. Ah, sisters! 


What a great smile! Both so happy.
 
It was a great party and Elena is already planning who she will ask to her party next year. I just hope we can persuade her to do it somewhere a little quieter and calmer than Chuckie Cheese! Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment