Thursday, August 28, 2014

The First Day of Kindergarten

Tomorrow is Elena's first actual day of kindergarten. On Wednesday she went from 9-9:45 to get acquainted with the teacher, and four other students. Our neighbor from across the street will be in her class, also. I am interested to see how tomorrow will go, as I believe that I will be leaving her at the door. This has been the tough part in the past, the dropping off. At least she will know someone in the class and she met a girl on Wednesday, too. She has been quite excited to start, and it has been a big deal for her to be starting kindergarten. I am glad - there does not seem to be the anxiety that has been there in year's past. For me, either! I guess I feel confident in her teacher and in Elena. I know she will do well. I am also relieved that it is only a half day. Not the popular opinion of most parents I have talked with about that, but I think that is making it easier, knowing that she is only there half day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment